Event Sales, Event Assistant, Events Planning, Sales Implementation and Marketing Communications experience is an advantage.
Purpose of the Events Assistant:
To maximise the effectiveness of the events sales team by producing high quality customers for our clients and working as part of a team to support and have personal accountability for driving successful sales and marketing goals.
The role provides a high level of sales support to customers by ensuring all queries are responded to in an efficient, professional and timely manner. You will help develop new and existing opportunities and commercial sales relations for our clients.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities as an Events Assistant:
- Follow up with customers to drive uptake of promotional initiatives across all private and public sector event channels
- Identify opportunities and implement sales strategies
- Proactively follow up leads generated from events
- Use of initiative to identify and follow up opportunities with customers
- Generate new business for our clients
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to achieve sales objectives
- Discuss commercial terms or promotional details to potential customers
- Contribute to the team performance by sharing information and implementing best practices
- Knowledge, skills and experience
- Computer literate/keyboard skills
- Highly desirable: 1-2 years working within a sales environment preferably
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise issues
- Previous experience with customer databases ( ideally)
- Must be able to deal with technical product information
- Ability to adapt procedures to a new and more effective way of working (in relation primarily to customer management and promotional activity support)
- Ability to build strong working relationships (internal/external)
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels
Disposition and personality
- Professional communicator
- Team worker
Type of person
- Achievement orientated
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to perform effectively when there are pressure peaks
- Sets high standards and consistently achieves them
- Must be within comfortable commuting distance to our Chicago Offices.
To apply for the role of Customer Service, Branding and Sales Assistant, please apply via the form shown.