Nothing can ever be achieved by just sitting around. Why do some of the most exceptional individuals we know today come through to be so famous and well-known? Why is Elon Musk known, or Bill Gates? We believe the answer to that is resilience. Resilience is not something we are born with. Resilience is acquired over time through patience, hard work, and attitude. “Many people assume that success will be handed to them on a plate. That is incorrect, in order to gain success, sweat has to be broken, a struggle has to be overcome, and only then will you see resilience develop,” says Mitchell Hughes, managing director of Forward Continuance. At Forward Continuance, we are well-aware that hard work brings in the prosperity. In fact, our goal for the end of 2018 is to reach our highest and utmost success. We have it planned out, but we know that resilience will play a significant factor in that.
“I’ve learned the resilience is something we learn over time, and my biggest advice to those seeking success would be to push through and fight for what is yours. If you don’t try, then you’ll never know,” says Mitchell Hughes of Forward Continuance. We have found some great quotes regarding resilience, and we’d like to share some with you.
- “I’m inspired by people that are marginal. I’m excited by their resilience. ” – Mira Nair
- “You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined.” Elizabeth Edwards
- “When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realize that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
- “Resilience is woven deeply into the fabric of Oklahoma. Throw us an obstacle, and we grow stronger.” Brad Henry
- “Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior. But a lack of empathy isn’t.” Phil Klay